Shure SM58 – Dynamic Vocal Microphone
Dynamic Vocal Microphone
If you’ve ever heard someone sing or speak into a live microphone, there’s an excellent chance it was an SM58. Rock stars. Pop idols. Comedians. Presidents. Popes. Immortal words have passed through its iconic grille for generations. And with engineering and durability that set the world standard, it’s sure to keep turning up at legendary performances.
The Shure SM58® is a unidirectional (cardioid) dynamic vocal microphone for professional vocal use in sound reinforcement and studio recording. A highly effective, built-in, spherical filter minimizes wind and breath “pop” noise. A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The SM58 has a tailored vocal response for a sound which is a world standard. Rugged construction, a proven shockmount system, and a steel-mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently. Outdoors or indoors, singing or speech, the SM58 is the overwhelming choice of professionals worldwide.
- Performance tested, industry standard
- Uniform cardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and excellent rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll off to control proximity effect
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Steel-mesh grille and enamel-coated metal construction resist wear and abuse
- Effective built in pop-filter reduces undesirable wind and breathe noise
- Furnished with zippered storage bag and break-resistant stand adapter
- On/Off switch (SM58S only)
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
- Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability